We went far and near to check out a couple of used pianos today. We’ve been looking for one for Alex for quite a while now. Do you know how hard it is to find one that is in really good condition, reasonably priced, and not located counties away? Well, let me put it this way – when we finally find one, I’m going to feel like I’ve won the lottery. :D Here’s a dish I made last week which is much, much easier than hitting the jackpot. *grin* It was full of fresh flavor and absolutely delicious!
1 (10-ounce) package grape tomatoes, halved
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (¼- to ½-inch pieces)
2 small shallots, peeled and minced
8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), tough ends trimmed, and sliced on the bias into 1-inch lengths*
1 pound linguine
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* To remove the tough ends of asparagus, bend the thick end of each stalk until it snaps off.
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, red bell pepper, shallots, feta, and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add asparagus and 1 tablespoon salt and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove asparagus to a bowl and let cool.
- Return water to a boil, add pasta, and cook, stirring often, until tender. Drain pasta and toss with olive oil in a large serving dish. Let cool.
- When pasta is cooled, add tomato mixture and asparagus and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.